Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Loving it Insanity

Okay, so you know how you sometimes commit to something and you're loving it - and yet you then take on a huge project which sounds so great but then you're halfway through and you realize that you really are insane for doing it? Yeah, okay that sounds pretty confusing but here's what's going on.....

First of all - I recommend that if you are going to take the FLAME courses do not try to schedule them all into your own neat little box. If you try this you will find out quite quickly that all your plans will go awry. Please take your time and understand that God's perfect plan for you is in place regardless of how quickly you feel you need to do everything. ** Yes, I plan to keep coming back and reading this myself **

I have the following classes that I'm in the midst of -

Evangelism and Church Health - have approximately 60 more hours of work to do prior to May 15.

Christian Education - have approximately 20 more hours of work to do prior to May 18.

Bible Study Methods - have to do my final project - an inductive study of John 13-16 - approximately 4 hours of work, but very intense.

Pre-course work for April classes - Read through most of the Old and New Testament and do the complete study guides for both. This requires at least 3-4 hours a day.


NOW HERE'S THE INSANITY PART - I decided to remodel my bathroom during all of this! Yep, I truly do think I've lost my mind. Even though I have a wonderful contractor doing it - Joe Yoder, Y-K Construction in Hayward - I still get to deal with everything that's going on.

And of course because that is not enough for SUPERWOMAN - I have also had a 21 year old that I hired to do yard work and clean up, another guy who is cutting down trees in the yard, and another guy who is painting my living room (requiring me to get everything out of the living room, hereby restricting me to a tiny space in my kitchen). TA-DUMMMMMMM - See I told you - SUPERWOMAN!

Oops - and everything else going on at the Church with Benevolence and many other things.

Here's the question of the day - How many hours are in a day????

So again - I'm Loving it / Insanity......

2 Timothy 1:7 - For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

Ok - so 2 out of 3 isn't so bad....LOL.......

No comments:

Post a Comment