Monday, April 26, 2010

The past few weeks have been a challenge. Some of the things that come up in Ministry are quite difficult to wrap our brains around. It is unbelievable the things that people will do to one another. In the past 5 weeks I have worked 12 to 15 hour days every day except for 2 days.

I just got back from Pennsylvania from my FLAME classes. Wow, what a week and a half! Just to give you an example of one day: Rise at 5:00 a.m. and have my private time with my Lord, get ready for the day, arrive at 7:00 a.m. for breakfast, 8:00 time for worship and prayer, 9:00 start classes, 12:45 break for lunch, classes end at 5:45 p.m., then dinner together until 6:45 p.m. Almost everyday we had to meet afterwards to work on our project until 8:00 p.m. or so.

Whew! They were long days, but so full of fellowship and learning about God's Word that they flew! Each day had an amazing revelation! We had a wonderful professor - Pat Bennett - thanks to him for his guidance in teaching us the deeper meanings to be found throughout the Bible.

I drove to PA alone and will not make that mistake twice. That is a brutal drive. It is 19 hours one way and the second day coming back I drove for 15 hours straight. Believe me, I am truly regretting it!

Yet, even in the midst of my body telling me that it hates me, I walk on faithfully to do my Lord's work. I still feel brain dead but the Lord fills my heart and soul with the desire and yearning to do His work. I'll just have to let the Holy Spirit do all the talking until I get my brain back - ok, so even then I need to just let go and let the Holy Spirit be in control.

It's difficult at times to relinquish control. We are wired to analyze and hold on to the reins, or so it seems. And yet, are we? God created us. Satan tries to control us, or convinces us to try to control our own lives. When does it become to much for us to handle? How much easier would it be to just step back and let our Lord and Savior take over? I know from experience that when I try to control my life it just seems to get further out of control. Yet every time I finally give it up to God, my life seems to settle down, I have peace. Seems like an easy decision, doesn't it?

Happy moments - Praise God
Difficult moments - Seek God
Quiet moments - Worship God
Painful moments - Trust God
Every moment - Thank God

1 comment:

  1. Mom - I love you so much, and I know how much this means to you. You're doing a great job following the Lord's path, and I thank Him every night for the amazing changing he is bringing to you. Even though the work is long and hard I see you and you glow with happiness whenever you talk about it. Please know that the Lord, and I, will always be here for anything you need. Even if it's just an ear to listen or a hand to help support you when Satan gets a grip. Praise the Lord for his wonderful works. Amen.

    ReplyDelete