Monday, March 15, 2010

First FLAME Classes

Wow - what a week! I can't begin to say how much my soul was touched by God!

Drove a total of 1,343 miles during the course of the week. The shortest day of classes was 12 hours, with the longest being 15 1/2 hours. Lots of prayer, and God providing His amazing strength, kept me going.

I can't begin to say how powerful it was to attend FLAME classes. I have taken 2 correspondence classes and have learned quite a bit, but nothing compares to attending FLAME classes on-site.

Every day begins with worship and praise with fellow ministerial students. There is no pretense, no caring about appearances - just praising God with all your heart, all your mind, all your soul and all your strength! Many were crying due to the Holy Spirit moving through the room, people falling to their knees or not being able to stand up from their chairs. You felt God so strongly in the room and you knew He was touching you deeply.

After praise and worship we went to prayer groups. In my group we had 9 ladies. The first day, due to not knowing each other, it was a little restrained. But believe me, by the end of the week we were hugging each other through prayer, and truly, deeply praying and loving each other with everything we had.

Wednesday night was a night I won't forget. We had a special communion service. God moved His mighty hand and the Holy Spirit was ablaze in the room. I sit here trying to type this with tears streaming down my face as I recall that night. When the bread was broken and the wine poured out for our Lord's forgiveness I broke down. Many of us could not even go up for a while, and even then you couldn't stand. I can't begin to say the full extent of this service.

I had two classes - the first part of the week was Bible Study Methods and the second half was Church Leadership. I was blessed with 2 wonderful Professors - both who truly loved to teach and open us to the passion they felt.

I loved Inductive Bible Study! How amazing to discover so much more in the Bible! I was actually impatient to return home and start studying my Bible this way. I would love to teach others how to do this type of studying.

Church Leadership opened my eyes. I never really thought of all the things you need to do. I've always been talented in management. Now I've learned that management is one thing - leadership is all together different. I can't thank Professor John Vernon enough for his teachings! What a wonderful teacher!

And then there was the food!!! Wow - if you could have seen the spread the wonderful, gifted brothers and sisters in the kitchen prepared for us each day! I can't begin to thank them enough for the wonderful food, the selections and then of course, the snacks throughout the day! It's going to take me a week to burn everything off.

I truly believe that everyone who takes FLAME should be required to take at least half of their Ministry classes in person. Your heart and soul are touched on so many levels!

May God Bless each and every one of you!

1 comment:

  1. Margaret, I am so encouraged by this blog entry. Your description of what Wednesday night meant to you was most encouraging. I left that night feeling like I had put so much effort into the service and that very little ministry had taken place. Thanks for your perspective and your responsive. It is wonderful to have you in FLAME. I look forward to seeing you at our next FLAME.
    Wayne

    ReplyDelete