Saturday, February 27, 2010

What a beautiful day!

What a beautiful day! It is so beautiful outside! God sure did well, didn't he? As we look around and smell the crisp, clean air, watch the birds flitting around and listening to their songs, as we see the amazing blue of the sky we wonder how anyone could ever question that there is a God. How amazing are your works O Lord!

I just signed up for my April classes this week - oh my goodness, what have I done?! I found out that on top of the four classes I'm trying to do right now I also have to do a complete study book on the Old and New Testaments. This is not just a normal study, but an indepth one - duh this is a Ministry class..... Okay, so on from there : )

Yesterday I spent 8 hours between helping someone find a place to live, shoveling snow for one place and meeting the plumber there only to find out that it was un-inhabitable, then to the Church to check messages and return calls, then back to pick up the person and take them to another place to fill out a rental application and check out the apartment, then back to the Church to return more calls, then - oops forgot lunch was in there somewhere - then on and on. And that's not including the 2 hours of class work I also did.

Today I've really cracked down and got in about 6-7 hours of class work - reading and doing tons of highlighting, typing up lessons, etc. I can't believe how much you can learn in such a short period of time. The only difficulty I'm having is that God keeps speaking to my heart so it is taking me quite a while longer to get through everything. I love that He is striking me deep within - it only reinforces how He wants me to truly absorb everything so that I can do His work better. Right now I'm working on the following classes: Evangelism/Church Health, Christian Education, Methods of Bible Study and Church Leadership/Management.

There are times I'm so exhausted that I don't feel like I have a brain left. It always seems that the more tired I get, the more satan attacks. I have found a perfect way of deflecting these attacks - prayer! What an amazing concept - lol! I was so tired the other day driving home that satan began attacking me. I prayed that God would kick satan out of the car and away from me. My prayers were not answered right away so I kept praying almost all the way home. Finally about 3 miles from home God delivered me.

We all must realize that sometimes God will answer our prayers quickly and then other times He really wants to know how much we need/want His help. Are we just shooting up a quick prayer and then getting on about our day - or do we truly, deeply, from our soul pour out our deepest needs. Do we then turn, with that same deep passion, to prayer for our loved ones, for the lost, for the hurting? If you don't, then why not? God wants a close relationship with us.

Psalm 18

I love you, O Lord, my strength.

The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

I call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies.

No comments:

Post a Comment